The Only Postpartum Diet You Need-Why Exercise is NOT the Answer!

THE ONLY POSTPARTUM DIET YOU NEED-WHY EXERCISE IS NOT THE ANSWER

My third little munch-in THREE years! 

Losing the Baby weight. OI VEY. Is this NOT one of the biggest topics for new momma's or WHAT?! And it honestly is a GREAT marketing strategy for many weight loss business. 

"Lose the Mom Pooch!"
"Drop the baby weight" 
"Lose the last 15lbs" 

I could go on and on and but if you head on over to Google there will be an overwhelming amount of information for you and many of the ideas out there are done very unhealthy. But as a new mom, you don't really realize this...you typically want the weight gone for good!

Having three children in three years, and being on my FOURTH pregnancy I can tell you, with each child the weight has come off a little slower each time. And each time I have learned a bit more about approaching "post baby" weight loss in a healthy way. I never reached my pre-pregnancy weight this time around before I found out I was expecting again--it was a bit of a blow but at the same time WHAT DOES IT MATTER?! No one will remember that but ME-so why stress about it. 

I CAN say that after my third pregnancy my body was TIRED. It still is TIRED. HA. I realized that EXERCISE was not the answer to losing weight. Fitness was always a big part of my life. I played sports since I was 7 years old, became an avid runner in college and became a distance runner, running three marathons in one year before becoming pregnant with my first. I actually finished a half marathon the day before I found out. 

ANYHOW the point of this is that this time around I realized that EXERCISE was not the answer to weight loss. Exercise can have a part in this journey but if you continue to put in food in your mouth that is not supporting your goals, and use exercise as the answer--it ain't gonna happen. Momma's--FOOD is the answer to your weight loss journey after baby. Not only weight loss but FEELING good; something that took me wayyyy to long to figure out! Not only feeling good physically but MENTALLY too. 

Because lets be honest, with 3 children aged 3 and under you are lacking sleep, and exercises is NOT always the first thing that you want to do.  Usually eating healthy is NOT the first route you want to go either but Momma's, focusing on healthy, holistic nutrition is the BEST thing you can do for YOU and your babies! 

FOOD MATTERS. 
YOUR HEALTH MATTERS. 
Especially as a NEW MOM. 
Your body just went through a myriad of changes; you grew a HUMAN. 
That is a BIG DEAL momma's. like HUGE.
It took you 9 months to go through this change, and truth be told your body is not going to go back to pre-baby in a week...it honestly may never go back exactly the way it was. And it SHOULDN'T! 
YOU now have an amazing story to tell--you grew your baby, your a mother from here on out and that is beautiful. So please don't feel any less. 
My personal transformation--I focused on FOOD--and added in some exercise 3-4x a week when I had the time just for that endorphin rush! March vs June 2018--

IF you are a new mom looking to lose the baby weight, and feeling taunted by the wraps, the pills, the juice cleanses, the exercising for hours on end--don't do it. Because that will leave you empty, more tired, stressed and annoyed that it's not working. 
In order to reach your optimum health status you need to eat GOOD food--veggies, lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, and micro-nutrients! Vitamins and minerals that your body needs to build back its defenses after growing baby. Drink TONS of water, meal plan (so annoying but ya'll it WORKS) and TRACK YOUR FOOD! Write it down! Bite it write it, drink it, ink it I like to say!
(And I think its helpful to track your feelings after certain foods too.)

With that being said, Momma If you are feeling frustrated about those last 5, or 10lbs, focus on the food you put in your mouth and the rest will work itself out naturally. Our bodies are amazingly capable like that--I mean did it not just grow a human?!

How old are your kiddos?!
Back to back pregnancies?!

Cheering for you!
XO

This is the program that I used! I do not think I will EVER look at food the same again!

Access your FREE Postpartum Checklist HERE! Babies don't come with a manual and neither does postpartum recovery; this guide will help you heal safer, faster and stronger.



Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts