Mexican Chicken Soup!

Yummo this soup is so easy to throw together and delish!

I am slightly addicted to soups at the moment; they are easy to make and last me at least 4 days, easy to heat up and a great way to eat all your veggies!

This is adapted from the AMAZING cookbook FIXATE by the talented Autumn Calabrese, if you are interested in how to obtain a copy feel free to e-mail me! For $20 bucks its seriously a life saver and all 101 meals are kid friendly!

So here is what you need:

2tsp Olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
4 medium tomatoes, diced
6 cups of chicken broth
3 cups diced chicken
3 medium carrots, sliced
1tsp oregano leaves
1 tsp chili powder
some salt and pepper to your liking.

For toppings I used 1/4 of an avocado, with about 1 TBS of shredded cheese
You can also use sour cream (my husband likes it with this, and or cilantro)

I heated up the oil added the garlic for a few minutes, then the onions, celery and carrots. cook until onions are translucent.
I added the tomatoes, and cooked those down for about 10 minutes maybe?
I than added the broth and spices along with the chicken.
Bring it to a boil and then simmer for the amount of your liking; Some people like smoother soup. Some like chunky. I like chunky but simmered.
The original recipe called for the broth, onions, carrots and celery to be put into a blender before adding the rest of ingredients; I did not do this!

Add your favorite toppings with a serving size of Non-GMO tortilla chips and bam, dinner in a nutshell! :)

Enjoy!

What are your favorite soups this time of year?!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts