Healthy Holiday Treat

OK ya'll I made this little ball cookies in hopes of using them as a little treat instead of eating all the holiday chocolate and cookies that are out this time of year.

I also made them thinking; yeah right, they won't taste nearly as good as a cookie. BUT this momma has got goals and I can't keep making excuses for myself; holiday season or not.
I KNOW I feel better when I fuel my body with clean, whole, foods and get sweaty for at least 30 minutes  day. And this time of year I tend to let excuses get in the way. I mean come on who doesn't right? There are Christmas parties, treats, eggnog; etc etc etc....WHICH ARE TEMPORARY THINGS. They taste OH SO good, but leave you feeling BLAH and not your best come the day after.
Don't get me wrong, life is also too short not too indulge in a few of the holiday happenings but there is and should be a limit. Focusing on your portion control is one why I choose too be mindful of my intake. Plus did you know that the AVERAGE PERSON GAINS 7-10lbs in the holiday season??!!!

That would be MONTHS of my hard work gonzo and I am SO not dealing with that. I've learned a much better way to balance my life and I"m never going back to my old binging/limiting food habits ever again. Ya with me?!

Ok so now that I've blabbed here is the recipe!


Pumpkin Bites!

1 ½ cups of oats
1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder ( I use Shakeology)
1 tsp of Cinnamon
¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
⅓ of honey OR maple syrup (I used maple syrup!)
⅓ natural peanut butter
½ cup pumpkin puree

Mix together, form balls, refrigerate and enjoy!

I stored mine in the fridge all week!! And my husband ending up devouring them all; my 10month old also LOVED them as a little afternoon snack!

So what are you waiting for?!



**If you would like to learn more about healthy eating and fitness please email me or follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PositiveVibeFitness

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts