Dirty 30

Well. Here we are fast approaching Memorial Day, and before we know it August will be here. Yup. And Boom, I'm gonna be the big 3-0. AHHHH Serioulsy! I can't handle it! The weird part of that though, is I kinda freak out about it but at the same time 30 SERIOUSLY is just a number. I certainly don't FEEL 30. I still feel like I am in my early 20's to be honest. (Well add some wisdom in there, but you catch my drift).

Anyhow, wow, my 20's were just one extreme to another. Graduating with a BA, I had my first 'boyfriend' serioulsy, I was lame and never dated in highschool or college! I got my first job, moved out of my parents house and thought I was 'living the life'. Insert my mid 20's and that all just went to poop.  My heart got broken into a million pieces, I still had a great job, but damn was I a mess! It took me a long time to get out of that saddness but when I finally was out of it I graduated grad school, ran a few marathons, met my husband, got married, had a baby and now I"m building a house. AND turning 30. Seriously. I BLINKED and here we are.

Looking back now all that crap I felt in my earlier 20's was SO worth the tears and pain to get to this point in my life.  I would not want it any other way! I have a husband who loves me more than I could ever ask for and having our first baby together is seriously the Bomb.

Most people get to 30 and think; 'oh shit,' I feel out of shape and old.
I am SO THANKFUL I don't feel that way! Seriously what you put into your body is what your body is going to give back to you.  In my mid twenties I became a running fanatic. Now in my late 20's I've become a running fanatic/muscle building/healthy eating informant. It hasn't been easy getting to get to where I am now, but I trusted the process, fueled my body and spirit.

And now as these last few months of my 20's fly by, I can say Yup, I'm damn proud of where I've been, and who I have become. So Dirty 30 Bring it on! I can't wait to see what you have in store for me! Trust the process! Believe in yourself! You can do anything you put your mind too!

30, you don't scare me! Bring it on!


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts