Fresh 'Slaw!


I had a little red cabbage fresh form the garden I picked the other day and wanted a nice cool and light coleslaw! I don't really care for the ones with all the mayo and junk so I opted for a nice lemony garlic base and it turned out too be amazing!

Perfect as a side or make it a complete meal with a serving of protein!



FRESH 'SLAW

  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 cup EVOO
  • 1 medium cabbage, shredded (cut into 4ths then cut at a diagonal worked for me!)
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 Tablespoons SunFlower seeds (chopped up)
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper


Whisk garlic and lemon juice-slowly add EVOO  until well blended.

In large bowl combine cabbage, carrots, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.

Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, adjust salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy! Perfect for a hot summer day or a friendly BBQ!


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts