Ultimate Summer Salad!

I found this recipie via Clean Food Crush...if you haven't been to this website before, or you are not following her on IG...get on it! She has some of the BEST family friendly, easy and clean food ideas ever!

Ultimate Summer Salad

I followed most of her recipe but I will share what I ended up adding to mine...it kinda was like OK gotta clean out the veggies from the fridge and I'll use what I have kinda deal!

I put in:
*2 medium tomatoes + a large handful of cherry tomatoes diced
*1 cucumber diced
*1 orange bell pepper diced
*1/2 purple onion, diced
----> I did not de-seed my tomatoes or cucumbers either!

*2 TBS apple cider vinegar
*3 TBS avocado oil
*I had no lemons left..so I drizzled some white vinegar on top
*Salt and pepper to taste

I left it in my fridge for a few hours and took it out for dinner...I was making taco salad, and this was amazing paired with it! I just threw in a bunch of greens, put my hamburg on top with a serving of this salad and bingo!  Taco Bowl!

Oh yeah...I had some old corn tortilla sitting in the fridge...I decided to make use of them, I rubbed some coconut oil on the top; sprinkled some seasoning (you can put anything you want really!) and baked them in a toaster oven at 450 until they looked crunchy. Some were good; others were a bit chewy, but I think it was because the wraps were in the fridge for a while! ha!

So easy too! I almost put in purple cabbage that I had, but decided against it...I'll have to try that next time!


Enjoy!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts