Healthy Fried Rice

30 minute meal for the win!

I tried to make fried rice one with riced cauliflower....umm lets just say it was an epic fail and I was not impressed with the taste; I usually don't mind extra veggies on anything seeing as they are about 80% of my diet however for some reason it was just UGH.

Anyhow, the last 3 weeks I completed the 21 Day Yoga Retreat (results to come on a different day) and this was one of the recipes. For any of you who have followed the container/portion system this program did not! I was nervous at first because I've been so into portioning my food for well over a year now! Instead you picked from a list of breakfasts, snacks, and dinners and that was that. You could mix and match.

I came across the rice reicpe and said CHECK Making this!
And it was WAY better than the cauliflower rice...not that I wouldn't want to try that again...but this one was a family favorite!

So to delay no longer here it is (adapted from 3 week yoga retreat by Beachbody on Demand)

Vytas Reality Rice
(Makes 4 servings, approx 13/4 cup each)

Prep Time: 15
Cook time: 15
Total: 30

1 TBS coconut oil
1 Cup of onions (I used purple)
1 Cup finely chopped carrots
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups cooked brown rice****** Make SURE you cook your rice before hand!
1 cup frozen peas
3 TBS reduced-sodium soy sauce--I used Braggs Liquid Aminos
2 green onions for garnish (I did not do this)

1. heat oil in large skillet medium heat
2. add onions, carrots stirring for 6-7 minutes or until soft. Remove from pan, set aside
3. Add eggs to skillter, cook over med-low heat sir for 2 -3 minutes or until egg starts to set
4.Add onion mixture, rice, peas and soy sauce; cook stiring for 3-4 minutes or until heated
5. Divided evenly into four serving bowls; with garnish if desired

Enjoy!

Let me know how ya'll liked it?! Do any of you have a Cauliflower recipe they enjoy they would wnat to share?!

For those of you who DO use portion control: 1 Green 2 Yellow 1 Red 1 tsp


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts