Healthy Kid Snacks!

Healthy Kid Snacks!!
Who would have thunk?!


I completely fall victim to dishing out whatever is easiest some days for my kiddos for snack time; I have the box of GoldFish on 'backup' but lately its been the first thing I grab--and then I feel guilty because I know their health and nutrition is important too!

I've complied a list of Healthy Snacks for your kiddos and let us busy Momma's band together in serving our kiddos only the best of the best! Because well, they are worth it!

1. Greek Yogurt--drizzle a little honey/maple syrup and/or add fruit--I avoid buying the already sweetened kind too much sugar!

2. Fruit and Veggies with Nut Butters and or Hummus

3. Chia Seed Pudding ( My son surprisingly LOVES this combo!) Recipe HERE & HERE

4. Snap Peas with homemade ranch

5. DIY AppleSauce (Perfect for this Fall Season, and you can leave out all the nasty sugar!)

6. Whole Grain Cereal--I only get Cheerios for my kiddos and Grape-nuts--they love the grapenuts on top of their Yogurt! We call them (Crunchies)

7. Sliced Turkey or Ham and Cheese Roll ups

8. Home-made Trail Mix

9. Whole-Grain English Muffins with PB

10. Smoothies ( I use Daily Sunshine for my kiddos mix--Pedatrition approved and they think it is their 'chocolate milk) More info HERE

11. HomeMade Muffins--Recipes HERE & HERE

12. Baked Apple Chips

13. Rasions

14. Popsicle---Make your own! Buy some Molds and you can freeze your smoothie mix!

15.  Popcorn

16. Ants on a Log

17. Homemade Energy Bars/Granola Bars

18. Roasted ChickPeas (My boys eat an entire can between the two of them!)

19.  Dried Apricots

20. String Cheese/ I buy Big blocks of Cheddar personaly because it is cheaper and cut it into thin/rectangles finger bite size--I find they eat it better!

21. HB Eggs--I usually mix some of the yolk with a little greek yogurt or mayo to make it creamy!

If you are looking for a family friendly meal plan to include breakfast, lunch and snack ideas AND a full 30 minute or less dinner menu with recipes, grocery list AND step by step meal support be sure to check that out here; it will change your life!

And here is a little example of how to make SNACK BOXES--I make a big portion of them weekly so I have them to dig out of all week--I pick one combo per week to save time and money! HERE

And last but not least YOU GUYS--you have GOT to check the labels on things!! The sugar content in our food these days is SICKENING--I went to buy English Muffins the other day--I rarely buy them honestly and was checking labels---Hannaford brand has High Fructose Corn Syrup; Thomas Brand was the only one I could find that had very minimal! They sneak it in ANYWHERE because they wan't you to become addicted....and sadly enough our children are paying the price!


Comments

  1. Great post! This is the first time I am visiting your site… Its cool and I like your template. More over, the quality of your posts are just awesome! i If you want more information click on below

    Health and Fitness Inspired Food

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts