Healthy Taco Dip

It's Football Season!!!

The most wonderful time of the year! hehe--I LOVE football; all of my younger brother's played growing up so Saturday's were always spent at the field rooting them on; and Sunday's were made for lounging on the couch, having some tasty snacks and watching our favorite NFL Team's duke it out.

Times have clearly changed a bit---all my brothers are now graduated and one is left in college--he plays D3 football for his school but its about 4 hours away--and with my little's we never get there! But Sunday's are STILL church and football days in my house! I've even turned my hubby into an addict (well maybe! :) )

Anyhow I like to make one 'treat' for Sunday afternoon snacking and this is one of my favorites, I currently have it sitting in the fridge all ready to go for this afternoon!

Healthy Taco Dip or 7 Layer Taco Dip--whatever you want to call it!


Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 10 servings
Ingredients:
2 medium ripe avocados
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 dash ground black pepper
8 oz low-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, no salt added
1 (15-oz) can nonfat refried beans, warm ( I personally like mine cold)
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed, sliced thin
2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar (or pepper jack) cheese (½ oz) ( and truth be told I tend to go a little cheesier)
Preparation:
1. Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
2. Add lime juice, salt, and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine yogurt and taco seasoning in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Top serving platter with beans, avocado mixture, yogurt mixture, tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and cheese.
5. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Nutritional Information (per serving; not including tortilla chips):
Calories: 136
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 112 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 6 g
For those of my ladies who use Portion Control: 
½ Green
½ Yellow
1 Blue

*Source: Teambeachbodyblog.com

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts