I LOVE Maple Syrup!

This time of year in VERMONT, Sugaring aka Making Maple Syrup season is the talk of the towns.  This guy is making more than this guy and oh did you hear how much sap so and so boiled?!  The wives of husbands who sugar usually become single moms through this time no doubt! 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fresh maple Syrup, like LOVE it.  There is NOTHING that beats the warm, fresh syrupie taste; especially when its fresh from the boiler. 

Anyhow, due to my love of it I tend to want to eat it on a daily basis.  I thoroughly enjoy pancakes, but seeing as I have been trying to eat healthier and not ingest so many carbs (it really has made a difference in my energy and bloated-ness).  I have a DELISH recipe for you to try! The kids will eat it no problem and I guarantee the Men will approve!

Banana Oat Pancakes

1/4 cup oats

1/3 of a banana

4 egg whites

couple dashes of cinnamon,

Mash the banana up in a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and put in a nonstick pan or a pan sprayed lightly with coconut oil.  cook one side for about 50 seconds to a minute before flipping to the other side! Makes about 4 pancakes depending on the size, I like 4 little ones personally.

Fresh Maple Syrup, Yay, or Nay?!
Happy weekend all!!
Dream Big.
Do What You Love.


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts