Yummy Eats & a recipe!

Well the weekend was a WILD one with the festival taking place, and I"m glad its over with! I have to admit that the parade was fun and it was nice just to be outside for a few hours. Baby boy slept through the ENTIRE thing. HA, but hey not I think I had more fun than he would have even if he was awake....what can I say. 

So lets talk food today!  MMMM Food! I love food! We need food, food can sometimes give me anxiety or stress just thinking about grocery shopping to meal prepping to healthy choices to making something my husband approves of! (he is a chef so I'm gonna be honest, sometimes I think my meals suck compared to his!) Although he has never said that so I need too banish the negative thought! 

Right now, due to the fact I am still on maternity leave I can whip up meals or have the time to decide what I am going to make.  However soon enough, like less than two weeks soon, I'll be done maternity leave and back with the kiddos.  So re-adjusting to a whole new schedule is going to take me a bit! and Meal planning is going to have a whole new meaning. 
Packing my food for an ENTIRE day, coming home tired and missing my baby not wanting to get dinner ready or having the energy to do so on top of wanting to see my hubs and the numerous other things is a bit overwhelming for me. 
Insert CROCK POT or SLOW COOKER. Whatever you call yours, I call it a time saver!  My mom used one all the time growing up and I have been using ours more and more. It really is a lifesaver! Todays menu is Clean-Eating Meatloaf! Who would have thunk you can make Meatloaf in a CrockPot! This is the second time I've made it and am going to share the recipe because its MAN approved!

Crockpot Meatloaf

  • 1 cup of oats
  • 2bls of lean ground turkey or beef
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup diced onions
  • ½ cup diced celery
  • ½ cup of no sugar tomato sauce
  • ¾ cup parm cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 1tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp dried parsely
  • 1 tbsp Mustard
Spray slow cooker with spray, combine all of the ingredents in a large bowl.
Shape into an oval and place in slow cooker.
Cook on low 5-6 hours, {I like to put some more sauce on top after its cook and serve it this way}


Serve with a side of steamed veggies to your liking and violia! Dinner in a jiffy!

What's your favorite crock-pot recipe?!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts