Grocery Shopping!

Ugh the Grocery Store! The place I dread the most, Honestly!
Since I've changed my ways its been super easy for me to stick to the perimeter of the store and focus on all the dense nutrients to fuel my body.  I decided to make a quick and easy Clean List of what should be filling up your. Remember to focus on whole, natural, non-processed foods. Foods that are in their cleanest element!

VEGGIES:
  •  Kale
  • Collard Greens
  • Spinach
  • Brussels Sprouts
  • Broccoli
  • Asparagus
  • Tomatoes
  • Squash-winter, summer, zucchini
  • String Beats
  • Carrots
  • Cauliflower
  • Cucumbers
  • Radishes
  • Onions
  • Mushrooms

FRUITS:
  • Rasberries
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberries
  • Watermelon
  • Cantaloupe
  • Orange
  • Apple
  • Apricots
  • Cherries
  • Grapes
  • Kiwifruit
  • Pear
  • Banana
PROTEINS: 
  • Chicken, skinless breasts or whole cooked and diced
  • Turkey Breast
  • Lean ground chicken, turkey or beef 
  • Fish, tilapia, salmon, halibut, tuna
  • Venison
  • Eggs
  • Greek yogurt
  • Clams
  • Red Meat, LEAN
  • Tempeh
  • Tuna
  • Turkey slices, low-sodium
  • Veggie Burger
  • Turkey Bacon 
 STARCHES: 
  • Sweet Potato
  • Quinoa
  • Beams, kidney, black, garbanzo
  • Lentils
  • Peas
  • Brown Rice
  • Potato 
  • Corn on the cob
  • Oatmeal
  • Steel-cut oats
  • Pasta, whole-grain
  • Crackers, whole-grain
  • Bread, whole-grain
  • English muffins whole-grain
  • Bagel, whole-grain (small)
  • Tortilla, while-grain
  • Tortilla-corn

HEALTHY FATS:
  • Avacado
  • Almonds
  • Cashews
  • Peanuts 
  • Pistachios
  • Pecan
  • Walnut
  • Humus
  • Coconut Milk
  • Cheese, Feta, Goat, Mozz. Chedder, Provolone, Parmesan

OILS & DRESSINGS:
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • White Vinegar
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Coconut-shredded & unsweetened
  • Flaxseed 

And there you have it; I keep my list simple and routine. Of course I don't buy everything on this list each week; I purchase the items that are on sale for the week or what looks to be the freshest and in season.  I try to buy local as much as possible and now that summer is upon us I will get most of our veggies from the garden we grow ourselves.

Once you adapt and change your habits it seriously because routine. Train your brain, you train your body and it becomes a hard habit to break!
I hope this helps any of you that might be trying to eat cleaner.

Hope you had a great weekend,
I spent mine in the garden; now to watch the weeds grow...Ha!

**Please note, all items are colored pertaining to the 21 Day Fix.**

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts