Macaroons Anyone?!

Okay so I've been craving sweet stuff lately way too much.
Over the weekend I totally splurged way too much.
My face is now breaking out and I went on mission to find some kind of cookie sweetness to satisfy my sweet tooth. I am a huge coconut fan and I would drink maple syrup by the glass year round if I allowed myself to do so.

And I found this recipe! The best of both worlds!

Sugar-Free Lemon Coconut Macaroon Cookies

5 minutes prep & in the oven!
For 12 Cookies (I only made 6 because I didn't have enough coconut for 12!)
{preheat oven to 350*}
Lightly coat cookie sheet with coconut oil
In large bowl combine the following ingredents
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
2 egg whites
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
2 Tbsps pure maple syrup
Combine all ingredients with a fork. Smash into Tablespoonsize balls (Or an orange container for all you 21Day Fixers, totally works!) and PRESS FRIMLY so they keep shape & don't crumble during baking.  (I did not press firmly enough and they crumbled a bit when I took them off the sheet)
Bake at 350*f for 12-13 minutes, sides will brown and ENJOY!

The perfect light treat for a summer day!
AND even better, all approved for the 21 DF program as an orange! Can't get much better than that!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts