Yummy homemade kid friendly ICECREAM

That's right, there is such a thing as kid friendly icecream!! Without the added sugar or junk. If we don't want to eat it then why would we feed it too our children?!

I experimented with a recipe tonight to whip up a sweet treat after dinner. 
Summer is just a time where you want to eat ice-cream and drink cold beverages! Life is too short not too enjoy it sometimes but having ice cream every day certainly isn't going to help your waistline.

So Here is a quick recipe that I guarantee even your children will love!

I always keep frozen strawberries and bananas in the freezer for smoothies, so I had these fruits already frozen. If you don't have them frozen throw two bananas and a cup of berries in the freezer right now! (you'll need about 3-4 hours for them too freeze).

Kid Friendly Ice-Cream (AND adult friendly!)

1 cup of frozen berries (I used Strawberries)
1 1/2 to 2 frozen bananas
2-3 tablespoons of almond milk or low fat milk, I bet coconut milk would taste amazing too!

Blender.

Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse until it starts to get thick and creamy.
Once its think and creamy you can put the blender on a low setting and blend away.

Once it is blended poor into a small bowl or oversized espresso cup and enjoy!
After I took this picture I sprinkled some unsweetened coconut on top and it was amazing!

Hope this helps some of you with your ice cream cravings!

I just had an amazing thought...frozen watermelon blended...now that would be so good!!

What fruits will you blend?!

Let me know share it with us!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts