Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers

So just reading the title of this recipe and I was hooked. I don't think the creators of this ever stepped foot into the state of VT, but I seriously feel its right along the lines of being a VTer-burg! Cabot Cheddar with local grassfed beef (we raise our own) and a kick of Jalapeno! YUMMY!

This recipe is from the newest program that I am doing called Core de Force; I love that every program comes with a nutrition plan that has new ideas for new recipes!

Anyhow straight to the point; these are approved by men (aka my FATHER, who I'm pretty sure eats meat at every meal) and very quick to whip up, even if you have to cook them in a pan on the oven!

Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers
{Source cred: Core de Force Nutrition Guide)

1lb. raw 95% lean ground sirloin ( I use our fresh lean ground beef)
2 small jalapenos, seeds and veins removed chopped (I used one large one)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Cabot Sharp)
1 TBS. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 slices of tomato
4 slices of onion
4 large lettuce leaves

1. preheat grill or broiler or stove top.
2. combine sirloin, jalapenos, cheese, Worcestershire
sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, mix well; form into 4 patties--I usually make 3 larger ones and 2 smaller ones for the kid--
3. Girl or broil patties for 4-6 minutes on each side or until desired done-ness, Again, I just used my cast iron pan to cook them
4. Place each burger on a lettuce leaf, top with one slice tomato and one slice onion and chow down!

I serve mine with extra side of veggies. feel free to use a bun if that is your thing!

Portion containers; 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 blue

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts