PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE

PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE--30 MINUTE MEAL 



I made this last week and promised I'd it with ya'll!! Now the recipe only called for one serving--I basically quadrupled the recipe and made a few of my own modifications to make it work to my families taste--and what I had on hand. For instance it calls for fish sauce. TRUTH: I tried this once--and nearly barfed upon opening the bottle--I omit it from any recipes--I just can't handle the smell and I'm sure the taste once in the food is hardly noticeable but I just can't. 

So here you have it! 

PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE--
source; Fixate

Ingredients: 
 (Remember I 4x the recipe to make it count as 4 servings) 

 2 Tbsp. low-sodium organic chicken broth--I used  Pineapple juice ( I had no broth on hand)  ` 
1 tsp. coconut sugar 
½ tsp. curry powder 
¼ tsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)--truth be told--totally forgot to add this! 
1 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil 
1 clove garlic, finely chopped 
1 Tbsp. chopped raw peanuts or cashews--this is what I used. 
¼ cup cubed pineapple 
¼ cup broccoli and carrots 
1 large egg, lightly beaten 
½ cup cooked brown rice 

DIRECTIONS: 

1. Combine broth, sugar, curry powder and cornstarch; whisk to blend and set aside. 
2. Heat oil in skillet over high heat, 
3. Add garlic, cashews--stirring for 1 minute
4. Add pineapple, broccoli, carrots and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes or until pineapple caramelizes around the edge. 
5. Push ingredients to side of skillet, add eggs, cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until scrambled. 
6.Add rice, cook for another minute
7. Add sauce from step 1, cook and stir for about 2-3 until all ingredients are dry or it is done to your liking. 
8. Place in bowl and eat. 

My boys ate it all up in a matter of minutes--the curry and pineapple together make a really yummy flavor!! 

Enjoy! 

For all my Bootcampers out there--One serving equals: 
1/2 green
1/2 purple
1/2 red
1/2 orange
1 yellow
2 TSP

You gotta add this to your meal prep rotation! 

RELATED POSTS: 


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts