POSTPARTUM JOURNEY WEEK 2

Hey Hey Hey!!

Week two in the books ya'll! 
First off I can't believe its been a full two weeks already?! Like what?! 
I won't lie the week had some really awesome moments, and some really really shitty ones. Lets just say more sunshine was SO welcomed over here in the Spano household! 

I mentioned last week that I was doing a 21 day yoga program--to reset my imbalances from pregnancy and so forth. On Monday of last week I was feeling the need for a bit more resistence--my stress levels seemed a bit high so I reevaluated a few things. 

1. my nutrition and 2. my exercise program. 

1. My nutrition was OK--but I was not being mindful about planning all my meals for each day which resulted in more mood swings, less energy and overall grumpiness towards my kiddos and my hubby--which never feels good. 

2. Don't get me wrong I LOVE yoga--LOVE it but I felt I needed something a but more physical to keep me grounded and happy. The winter blues are no joke ya'll--tag on postpartum hormones, momlife and marriage and things can get really freaken hairy if you aren't making yourself a priority. Anyhow--I decided to change my workout program--which is nothing more than a few clicks on my virtual gym membership--and opted for a low impact, pilates and yoga infused program. After day one I already felt 20x better from that increase in body resistance! And my body is reacting too! See for yo'self: 

Week 0 vs Week 2--I'm not a spring chicken but things are slowly going back to place--hahaha

I meal planned hardcore; and for once ENJOYED having the structure to follow. I felt more energized, more productive and my body was like 'oh hey girlfriend--glad to see your back at it!" HA! And YES I am exclusively breastfeeding. I pump about 4-5x a week because I have a bit of an OVERSUPPLY--and if my boobs are too full poor baby girl does not like it. 
So for those of you asking, and/or telling me I'm putting my baby at a disservice--you wrong! 
When you fuel your body the way it was intended--it will give you and your baby just what it needs too. I also just TRACKED my macros--the awesome thing about the online workouts that I use is that they provide a meal plan for each program, it literally is a no brainer! SO instead of just assuming what I ate thinking it was all good I wrote down exactly what I needed for each day and crossed it off--seriously made a huge difference! 

So that's a wrap! I'm excited for this coming week, warmer weather and more sunshine! Meal plan is ready to rock, workouts are scheduled--the ONLY thing I"m missing?! More Momma's to join me on this journey!! If you are looking for some low impack workouts, 20-30 minutes a day come join me!! I want nothing more than to help YOU feel good Momma! Inside and out! E-mail if you need support on your journey Momma!

Happy Monday!

XO, 

Kaitlin 

OH! P.S. My meals for the week consisted of: 
2 eggs, toast, hummus and carrots or peppers for breakfast
carrots and hummus, fruit or superfood smoothie for snack
Chicken salad on salad (ha!) for lunches
Turkey Club, Chicken stir fry and crab salad for dinners. 

simple, easy, budget friendly! 

XO

RELATED POSTS: 
Postpartum Week 1
MomBodSquad
Meal Plan

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts