Clean Eatin' Chicken Salad

I have been on the search for simple summer recipes I can whip up and keep on hand for the week.

Well I found this little gem last week in the Whole 30 Cookbook and it so simple, and so delicious!

You can eat it plain, throw it in a lettuce wrap, a whole wheat wrap, or over a bed of greens. The options are endless really.  And it is really great for that leftover chicken sitting in your fridge that you aren't quite sure what to do with!

Protein Salad
(adapted from Whole 30)

1lb cooked or canned chicken, salmon, tuna OR hardboiled eggs.
1/4 cup creamy base (I used non-fat plain greek yogurt)
2 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed Lemon juice
1/4 teaspon salt
1/8 teaspon black pepper

Additional ingredients of choice such as grapes, walnuts, almonds, celery raisins etc.

I chopped up half an avocado, and diced about 1/4 onion to throw into the mixture, along with some fresh radishes.

It seriously took about 10 minutes to whip up; I had enough for my lunch all week! So light and refreshing for a warm summer day.
Plus easy to pack for a picnic and kid friendly too!
What's your favorite recipe for the summer months?!

All opinions are my own.

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts