Guest Post!

I have an exciting GUEST post written today by Lexi!

I met Lexi through Instagram, she is always posting such encouraging words of wisdom and has motivated me to get my bum out the door more than once! It has been so helpful I asked her to write a post for us. So read on and send her some Love. Thanks for sharing Lexi!!


Hi! My name is Lexi. Kaitlin asked me to write a guest blog post on my journey to living a fit life so here it is! A little about me.. I am 22 years old, recent graduate from the university of Illinois with a degree in biology. This summer i am working as a full time nanny and training for the 2015 Chicago marathon as well as trying to spend time with my family, boyfriend and friends and trying to move out of my parents house. Life's a little hectic this summer! This fall I will be starting school again to get my doctorate of chiropractic. 
Health and fitness has always been important to me. Even when I am busy, I always make time for running and race training. I have been a vegetarian for 9 years and working on making the switch to being completely plant based! I love experimenting with new recipes and will share some with you in my next post! I started running in high school for cross country. I loved it but was never the fastest. I joined cross country because I had transferred to a new school and wanted to meet people. Since then my love of running has grown to be a huge part of me. When someone asks me about myself, I always introduce myself as a runner. It has become a huge part of who I am and I love that. 
The Chicago this year will be my third marathon. I have ran other race distances from countless 5k to half marathons. My next race will be the Big Ten 10k next weekend downtown Chicago. One of my favorite parts of running is how it helps to make a better version of myself. Running teaches me to always push myself. I went from a back of the pack runner in high school to being able to run paces that I am really proud of and yet I know I can improve so much more if I keep trying and training. I have a goal to run a race in every state and eventually I would love to run ultramarathons. Looking forward to doing some guest post for Kaitlin and hope I can inspire you to be the best runner and person that you can be! If you want to get to know me better, check out my Instagram at lexi_xxvi.ii :)

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts