Roasted Veggies with Balsamic Glaze

I go through phases of switching up my cooking routine; and now is one of them. After the summer/fall I like to have fresh ideas, but things that are still super simple, 30 minutes or less simple, as my boys usually don't let me cook for longer than that before all hell breaks loose!

This side is fabulous and I love, love love fresh brussels sprouts; we had a great crop this year from the garden and my son gobbles them up, so I can't complain.

This recipe is adapted from the Whole30 Book.
I highly, highly recommend purchasing this book if you are on a clean eating journey. I have yet to do a full 30 days of the whole 30, but am thinking in January I want to do one...so if you want too join me make sure you pick up your copy for Christmas and start reading!

Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts
Prep; 10min
Cook:20min
Total: 30min

1 cup Balsamic vinegar---I did this earlier in the day, pour it into a saucepan and bring to boil until it is reduced to about half or less and thick like a sauce.

1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
3 tablespoons melted ghee, clarified butter, coconut oil or olive oil
1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, cut in half
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt (lets be honest I NEVER measure my salt; I have a grinder and just grind that baby eye-ballin')
1/4 teaspoon black pepper.

Preheat over to 400, I like to spray my baking sheet with coconut oil
Combine sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of fat in a bowl and coat evenly, spread on baking sheet.

Add 2 TBS fat to large skillet over medium-high heat and swirl to coat bottom of pan. When hot ad Brussels and cook shaking pan occasional as they brown, 3-4 minutes, use your best judgement. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook stirring until garlic is aromatic, season with salt & pepper.

Add the Brussels mixture to the sweet potatoes on the pan, spreading them evenly without crowding with the potatoes. Place in the oven and raost for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.

Plate them and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
I serve it with a protein of some sort!

Let me know how you like it!


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts