Shakeology Mug Cake

OK; this time of year is SO hard to resist all the sweet stuff; I mean lets get real, any time of the year it is hard to resist the sweet stuff, especially when you have #mommoments. But the HOLIDAY season, I feel its double the trouble!

Now I love me some Shakeology for when those sweet cravings hit (My favorite is chocolate with a teaspoon of real maple syrup, a little vanilla extract milk and ice...blend that baby up and its ah-mazing!) And knowing that you putting vitamins and minerals INTO your body instead of depleting those stores makes it taste that much better.

However sometimes I just want CAKE. I have made peanut butter cups with Shakeology, and cookies, but a cake was all new territory for me. When you need a new recipe what do you do?! Go to Pinterest right?! I found all these 'Shakeology Mug Cakes' but they were made in the microwave...I don't have one of those! If we had a bigger kitchen maybe we would but I haven't had one since I've been married! So I always dismissed the mug cake and said whatever I'll deal without it....UNTIL I came across a recipe from Fitssimple, another fellow coach with Beachbody...and SHE didn't have an microwave either, but she MADE a mug cake!!

Well heck yes! Sign me up! lol I did modify her recipe a bit to fit my liking, but feel free to hit Fitsimple up on IG or Facebook to see what how she did it! Just knowing that it COULD be done in the oven (well duh!) was all I needed.



Shakeology Chocolate Mug Cake

1 Scoop Chocolate Vegan Shakeology (or regular)
1 egg
3 TBS of milk
1 tsp of Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Baking Soda

Stir this all up nice and good in a small baking mug, Plop a TBS of Peanut butter in the middle of the liquid before baking and DELISH!

Place in Oven or Toaster Oven at 425 for 10-15 minutes. Insert toothpick to make sure the egg is cooked all the way; take spatula to go around edges of cake, pop it onto a plate and there you have it!

If you are using portion control containers: 2 Red, 3TBS.

Let me know how you like it!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts