Recipe of the Day

OK and the recipe of the day, or should I say of the week is extremely delish, fast to make and perfect for leftover chicken! Also my one year old LOVED it; so I will obviously be making this again in the future!!

Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup cooked chicken, diced small
  • 3 Tbs nonfat greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup chopped sweet apples
  • 1/4 cup red grapes, halved or quartered
  • 1/4 cup celery, chopped
  • 5 pecan halves, roughly chopped (optional)
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup fresh spinach
  • 1/2 of a whole wheat pita
Instructions
  1. Mix all ingredients together except spinach and pita. Season to taste with black pepper. Fill the pita pocket with the spinach and the chicken salad mixture. It might not all fit into your pita - you can either fill another pita half if you have another half of a yellow to use, or you can just do what I do and eat it on the side :-)
Notes

Container Equivalents: 1 RED, 1/2 PURPLE, 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE (if using pecans)
I personally did not have a Pita; but I made a small green salad to go with it; and toasted 2 small slices of a french baguette to eat with the chicken salad!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts