Run Forest Run!!

Ok, I have to admit; I have not been running as much as I would like. Before I had my son, running was the only way I could feel like me, the only way I got my mojo running in the morning. I didn't feel "whole" until I got a nice run in the old legs.

Even during my pregnancy I stuck to running my 4-5 days a week. I kept to my longish runs on Saturdays until eventually my long run was 3 miles and my short run was 2. I ran until I was 35 weeks and at that point the dead of winter hit and running outside was just not the safest thing in the world for me to be doing. I would walk instead. I would bundle myself up and walk around and around and around the block until people probably started to think I was some crazy woman. This was when we lived in the city of course. Now back in the country I still get the crazy looks but too many of the people know me! (I don't know if that is good or bad...) 

Anyhow! Back to the point, after V was born I couldn't wait to start running again, being the middle of January in VT that obviously didn't happen. So I took my workouts inside. When the weather got nicer I started running with V, it felt weird to go alone!, and probably ran 3-4 times a week. I did hills and flats and more hills and even managed one 10K while pushing Vito. It was hard but exhilarating!

After that race we moved, and running just kinda took the back burner. I don't know what happened exActly but all of a sudden I didn't get that burning desire to pound the pavement. I would make myself do it at least once a week, then once every two weeks, then it got cold! And even if. Y runs consisted of running up and down the driveway I still did it.

On Wednesday of to past week It was about 35, the sun was shining like no other and I loaded V up and out we went. It was glorious!! I ran part of my old route from my marathon training days and the cold air felt absolutely fantastic. When I got back; I was making dinner for the wee man and starting having extreme back pain. It was pretty intense and I think my lower back must be out of wack...I need a chiropracter stat! Ugh; and I'm hoping it was just some fluke thing.
nothing feels better than cold air in your lungs, mizuno's on your feet and the sun in your face!

This is a ramble but I guess  I almost feel guilty for not running like I used too...I feel like my 'runner' status can't even be used anymore! Please tell me its just a fluke thing and my mojo will come back?!

Is it just because baby boy consumes most of my time and the fact I'm growing another little one?! Everyone is different so for now I have to take it one day at a time; If I can get out and run awesome, if not well I have my home workouts and at least I'm still making fitness a priority!


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts