Most AMAZING snack



Happy Weekend My beauties! 

I hope you all are enjoying the cooler weather--well here in the Northeast that is! I'm not sure I enjoy it--the brisk air does feel refreshing on the face and lungs---buttt It will get old fast! HA!

I had to share this recipe with you that I got from a book called Eat Pretty by Jolene Hart (highly, highly recommend it by the way!).

I'm always looking for healthy little snacks for my boys and myself (duh) that are nutrient dense, but easy to prepare and this certainly takes the cake. 

Oatmeal-Raisin Cookie Truffles 

1 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 tsp unsweetened almond milk
unsweetened shredded coconut for coating. 

I literally threw everything except the milk into a food processor, pulsed it several times until a coarse meal formed. I put everything into a bowl and stirred in the almond milk using the back of a spoon to mush it all together. I used a 1/2 TSB to make the ball size, rolled it in coconut and viola! My children could not shove them in their face fast enough. 
Store in the fridge---if they make it there that long! 


Let me know how you enjoy them! xo

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts