Is Food Impacting Your Mood?

Hey friends!

Happy Thursday!

This past weekend at church our sermon was about the effects of our health on our mind, gut and spiritually. It's SO funny because as our priest began discussing this my ears perked right up and I was like oh my gosh! I wish I had a recorder to record this.

Research states that the foods you eat has a direct correlation with your mental health AND your gut health. Folks--hate to break it to ya but what you put in your body has a series side effect and it's not just your waistline!

simple salad with healthy fats and lean protein
 Those who eat more processed foods, fatty foods and alcoholic beverages have a greater increase in their anxiety, depression and suffer from gut issues. The link between DIET and Mental Health is growing at an extremely rapid pace. And what shocks me is at what point does one need to realize that eating a whole foods diet supports you in many more ways than one.

Personally I tend to overlook this area because I currently to my best to eat a diet full of whole, nutritious, foods that come right from the earth kinda deal. I have completely eliminated granola bars, goldfish and other snack packs for the boys. It has saved me a shit ton money and the snacks I do provide for them are health and nutritious and support their little systems the best way I know how.

I also know that when I eat whole foods compared to when I eat 'junk' my mood is greatly affected. I understand that depression and anxiety very REAL things; and sometimes one must use medication to control it; and that is OK. I would hope that Doctors remind their patients that just because you ARE using medication, it does not give the OK to eat any less than a whole foods diet.

SO, if you find yourself feeling 'moody', anxious or depressed, take a look at the foods you have been fueling up with. As a nation research continues to come out that the higher the rates of the depression, the higher the rates of being overweight. As a nation 70% of the population is overweight, and this is not only INCREASING in adults, it is INCREASING in children.

Its a SERIOUS epidemic and we MUST ban together to change this.
Feeling like you want to make a change to your health, and not sure where to start?!

Come join my 14 day FREE Wellness Challenge!
Learn SIMPLE steps to add healither foods into your life,
how to raid you pantry,
and how to meal prep and set yourself up for success!
You will also have access to online workouts, yoga, mediation and more to incorporate more movement into your life.

Share this with a friend who may benefit from this information!

XO

Kaitlin

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts