CAULIFLOWER PIZZA

Happy Friday !

I wanted to share this really awesome recipe with you, because if you're anything like me you LOVE pizza! I eat normal pizza don't get me wrong but trying to add in more veggies into your daily diet, pizza doesn't happen to top the list. SO I've been making this kind recently, well I've been making it for months not I just have failed to get the recipe up for ya!


So here it is: 


Classic Cheese Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Active time; 20min, Total: 50
serves: 2 (I find that a normal size cauliflower gives me 2 crusts with a little leftover)

  • 1 small head cauliflower (1lb) trimmed and broken in florets--which you then want to pulse in a food processed to get it into a rice like consistency. 
  • 1/2 cup grated Parm cheese
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal ( I use coconut flour or Almond)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp oregano
  • 1 garlic clove, minced (sometimes I honestly use garlic salt if I"m feeling lazy)
  • 1/2 cup marinara
  • 1 cup shredded mozz cheese (4oz)
  • pinch of red pepper flakes (if you want)

1. placed baking sheet in over and heat to 400.
2. Add cauliflower to food processor or blender and pulse until it is very finely ground (looking like rice). Place 2 cups in a clean kitchen towel, gather ends of towel and twist to remove any extra liquid.
3. Transfer to large bowl and add parm, cornmeal (or flour) eggs, oregano, and garlic mix with hands, squeezing thoroughly to form a dough-like texture. Form into ball and transfer to parchement paper, then pat into a 1/4 inch circle.
4. Remove baking sheet from over. Pink parchment paper up at the sides and carefully transfer to baking sheet. Return to oven and bake until curs is browned and edges are crisp, about 20 minutes--rotate half way through.
5. Spread marinara evenly with mozz cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes more. Sprinkle basil or pepper flakes if desired, cut and serve! 

There you have it! Try it out and let me know how you like it! And seriously sorry I haven't been up here writing for ya'll this week! My second had surgery, they are going through some bedtime routine regression and I have a HUGE launch happening with my New Nutrition Success Group taking place--so I've totally been swamped! Which by the way if you struggle with emotional eating, want to lose weight without having to exercise I'd totally advise you to check it out--Registration ends tomorrow! 

XO, 

Kaitlin

P.S If you are looking for that ONE effective exercise that every pregnant Momma and postpartum Momma needs to be doing, be sure to check out my ebook! Learning this simple, do anywhere technique will keep your core strong, reduce the onset of diastasis recti and could even reduce labor and delivery times. Check it out here. 


Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts