5 Tips to Crush Your Morning

Hey ya'll!!

About two years ago I started to really struggle with my busy mom life, teaching and running a business. I found myself becoming very short with my family and I just needed to make a change. I have always been a morning person honestly. From waking up early in my farm days to milk cows, or running 4, 5 or even 6 miles while training for my marathons.

This is how excited you'll be when you start implementing these steps!!
However, once a Mother, and caring for babies your sleep is NEVER the same! HA. If your day starts off in total chaos changes of it ending that way are high too. What I realized was that this constant chaos was ruining my life. It was creating a very impatient mother, mentor and wife. It was always too tempting to push snooze. Anyhow I read this book called Miracle Morning by Hal Enrod and it changed how I go about my mornings completely. I love the flow of this simple routine, I can make it as short or as long as I need too depending on what is going on or if my children decide to wake up earlier than I'd like them too.

What I have found is that when Momma's put THEM first, they have that much more to give to others around them. If you a re a mom you know that putting yourself FIRST is probably extremely hard to do, but with these simple steps you can start TODAY! Cheers to you and your wellness Momma! Lets do this!
*bold words link to outside resources
1. Wake up with intention.  Wake up at least 40-60 minutes before your children. Start with 10 minutes and go from there. You will begin to find when you put yourself first before the hustle of the day beings your mind will be in a much more positive space. {Read The MiracleMorning for more details}
HW: What time will you sent your alarm this week? Set it away from the bed so you have to get up to turn it off--no more snooze!

2. Embrace the Silence. Be Grateful & Once you are awake; even before your feet hit the ground focus on your breath, breathing in and out and think grateful thoughts. What are you grateful for? Maybe you got a good night sleep, maybe your child only woke up once, not three times! Maybe its the fact that you are sitting in silence right now. As time goes on I encourage you to start journaling after this short meditation. Nothing lengthy, literally can be done in a minute! {Present Not Perfect is a wonderful journal to beginwith} HW: What are you grateful for today? How long were you able to sit in silence? 30 seconds, a minute or more?

3. Hydrate. Now that you are awake, spent a few minutes in silence go to the faucet and drink 8-16 ounces of water. No, you do not have to chug it but even before you turn that coffee maker on, hydrate with water. It will wake you up even more and give your body a natural energy boost.
HW: Make a goal to drink half your body weight in ounces today. And fuel up with whole, nutritcious fiber fillings foods. How much water do you need to drink?

4. Movement. Some of you may already exercise in the morning, some of you may do it later in the day. If you do so in the morning; now is the time do that! If you are not currently exercising I encourage you to do 2-10minutes of movement. You can do a yoga sun salutation, simple stretching, walk in place, jumping jacks and so forth. Anything to get your blood pumping and brain neurons firing. Looking for more workouts to do from home--Try the ones I do!--->Click here 
HW: What will you do for movement this week?

5.Reading You can do this before or after your movement, just find what works best for you! I always read my morning devotional and a few passages in my bible first and foremost. It only takes a few minutes. I then read or listen to another book that adds positivity into my day. A good one to start with--> {50 Ways to Yay}} My personal favorite devotional ---> {Jesus Calling} Listening to a book on your way to work is another great way to do this!
HW: What book or devotional will you start?

I hope this gave you a jumpstart to start creating a whole lot of awesome in your life! Start small, 10 or 15 minutes before your kiddos wake up, stay consistent with that for a week or two before you add in more you time. The most important part is that you only need a minute or two to accomplish each step (Unless you are doing a longer workout) But for those of you just starting make it fit into your morning and continue on form there

So Now What?!//
1. Grab a PD book.
2. feeling good about your routine and wanting to add in some workouts or meditation--ask me how
3. Feeling like you want to add more consistency into your meals as a busy Momma--you can get my Busy Family meal plan for only $10. With access to 6 30 minute dinners, snacks and lunches AND as a Bonus you get access to my THREE Meal Plan videos.
4. Not feeling like any of that--join my free group; I post tips and tricks a few times a week to get you through your busy life!

Cheering for you always!!

XO

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts