3 reasons to keep energy up with that baby bump!

Hello!!!

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas! If you celebrate, that is! As always it goes by quickly, the kids are overly exhausted and burnt out from the festivities and all the gift giving and too much candy! Today was much welcomed--for this momma too--we just stayed home and had time to enjoy each other and have some quality meals! Phew!

This cold has SERIOUSLY knocked me on my ASS you guys--like SERIOUSLY. I am STILL coughing and blowing my nose meaning I'm literally up every hour on the hour if not more. I Just want it too STOP!

ANYHOW! I wanted to share with you THREE TIPS to keep your energy up when pregnant! Because I am STILL moving and doing 10-15 minute workouts daily so I can keep my energy up and the blood flowing in my body. If you are late in the game in your pregnancy (like 35.5 weeks) you really have to LISTEN to your body and some days you just won't want to move a lot--and that is OK! You also need rest! So do what you feel is best!

Energy tip #1:

EAT BALANCED! Make sure you are staying hydrated, eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins and keeping those sweets to a minimum. (obviously Christmas just happened and I hope you indulged in that maple pecan pie--but eat it with plenty of veggies!). My Best tip of advice on knowing how much food you need to consume is my tracking your portions--something I started doing almost 3 years ago now and it has served me very well!

Energy Tip #2:

KEEP MOVING! As mentioned above, allow yourself the chance to sleep in and nap when your body is feeling it, don't don't be idle. Aim to do moderate exercise there to four times a week--as always make sure you run this by your doctor, but if you were active prior to pregnancy chances of you being able to continue that are high unless there are complications. Even on days where you are feeling really low energy, getting out for a short 10 minute walk will make a big difference!

Energy Tip #3:
Take your VITAMINS! Again everyone is different and has different needs however; growing a human is no joke! And if your body is deprived of nutrients that it needs to function BEFORE growing a human--imagine how it is going to feel if you are not getting that adequate dose of nutrients otherwise?! I personally have used a powdered vitamin that I add to my daily smoothie vs choking down a horse pill--its just worked best for me, I don't get nauseous  after, it doesn't all leak out in my pee(you know that florescent yellow pee you have after you take a vitamin?!) and it has probiotics in it so it totally helps in that department!

BONUS!
"A study of more than 12,000 woman led by Queen Mary University of London found that pregnant women who maintain a healthy diet and enjoy regular moderate exercise are less likely to deliver via C-section, gain excessive weight or develop gestational diabetes."

So KEEP MOVING MOMMA! You got this! Your baby will thank you, I promise!

Not sure where to start or how to modify your workouts for pregnancy--feel free to check out my FREE workout I put together for you!

What is ONE thing you didn't get for Christmas but wish you did?!

Love ya!

Coach Kaitlin

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts