Pregnant?! Do this exercise daily!

Hey there Momma! 

Expecting your FIRST baby?! Or maybe its your second, third or forth--either way we can never be too prepared for D-Day right?! 

I'm currently expecting my third baby in less than three years, and I have to say I have learned A LOT along the way. Each pregnancy has brought different trials, aches and pains, but the ONE thing I have learned to keep doing is MOVE. No matter how tired or fatigued you may feel. If you aren't feeling PAIN; just get up and MOVE Mama, and trust me I KNOW how difficult it can be to do that especially when you have other little ones you are having to chase around! 

I wanted to share with you an exercise that is very beneficial to building the muscle in your glutes as well as reducing sciatica and low back pain during pregnancy. As your belly continues to grow it is really important to have strong glutes aka buns hun, to support the weight of your belly. 
It can be very straining on the low back as well when we have weak leg muscles and we want to have as little pain as possible am I right?! 


This exercise is called Clam Shell--you literally open and close your legs like a clam to work your inter and outer thighs, your glutes as well as your low back and core muscles. I shared a live demonstration on my page; feel free to check that out HERE   

Now that I am in my third trimester--I have really slowed down with my workouts and daily activies. I just do not have the energy nor the stamia to push it as much as I would otherwise! But all in good fun--these next two months is all about staying strong, working on my breathing and staying 'rested' ( is that even possible as a busy mom of two young ones?!) for the big day!

Are you currently expecting?! How far along are you? Are you active? 
Drop a comment below; I'd love to here what my other pregnant momma's are doing for workouts! 


If you are not currently active, or have not been active previously please make sure you check with you doctor before beginning any exercise! 

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts