DATES! Don't be afraid of them!

Well Hello!!!

Happy Christmas WEEK! So hard to believe but I have to say I"m excited for my hubby to be HOME for a few days--to relax with the boys and have them open their few gifts and just enjoy some family time! And of course the Christmas music at church--I love it this time of year!

Anyhow--if ya'll have been following me on social or reading my posts you KNOW I'm about a month away from giving birth to my THIRD baby--AHHH--and I have to say I have moments of sheer panic about it; and then moments of Meh; No big deal we will all survive--SO I'm being very intentional on focusing MORE on that side of things! The fact that I will have three children aged Three and under is a bit nerve wracking; however I have survived with two under two so what is one more right?!

I have to say I get a big emotional thinking my current youngest is going to have grow up a bit more--but Vito is such a big boy and really does help when he wants too so I think it will all be OK. Besides; seeing how much FUN they really do have together and they way to talk to each other and can't leave each other's eye sight is comforting and such a joy to watch.

OH MY WORD--OK back to DATES! And like DATES you eat, not like going out on a blind date kinda thing---

I was at Costco a week ago? two weeks ago maybe and I bought a big old bag because I enjoy them and they remind me of my Memere--she always had them! THEN I randomly happened to see a post on social media that dates are GOOD for you during pregnancy and labor so I was like wait whaaa??!!

SO Yes, Let me share the benefits with you!

It just so happens that dates soften your cervix, can reduce labor times and increase contractions. SO maybe THAT is why I've had so many contractions lately! HA--but no in all seriousness--if I can take anything that will help with that department I'm all for it--I've had two natural, non complicated births so I'd like to keep it that way!

A study was done in March 2017 and the conclusions were as follows:
Dates fruit consumption during late pregnancy has been shown to positively affect the outcome of labour and delivery without adverse effect on the mother and child.
Well sure I"ll take it! And WHY do Dates happen to do this?!

"Date fruit contains saturated and unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic, linoleic, and linolenic acids, which are involved in saving and supplying energy and construction of prostaglandins. In addition, serotonin, tannin, and calcium in date fruit contribute to the contraction of smooth muscles of the uterus. Date fruit also has a laxative effect, which stimulates uterine contractions.” *source

So there you have it my fellow preggo Mommas--go out there and get yo'self some DATES!

Happy Cervical Dialating!

Are any of you pregnant Momma's in your 34/35ish week?!

XO

Kaitlin

P.S. Overwhelmed with the amount of information out there on what exercises to do and what not do during pregnancy---I've made it easy for you--Get access to my FREE prental workout-Research backed!

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts