BLACK BEAN SOUP

BLACK BEAN SOUP

Ya'll this soup--is so freaken good. My initial thought was hmmm black beans; they might make me gassy but I really want to try it. Well truth be told, no gas and OH MY GOSH--I made it twice in one week!

So here ya go-  

BLACK BEAN SOUP
Source: Fixate, Beachody On Demand
I added chopped tomatoes on my portion!

  • 2 tsp. olive oil 
  • ½ cup chopped bell pepper  
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 
  • 2 cups canned black beans, drained, rinsed 
  • ½ tsp. ground cumin 
  • ½ tsp. ground smoked paprika 
  • ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt) 
  • ¼ tsp. ground black pepper 
  • 2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth 
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch + 2 tsp. water (combine to make a slurry) {I did not do this FYI}
  • 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar 
  • 2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro --garnish {I did not do this}
  • 2 tsp. vegan sour cream--garnish

1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat until fragrant. 
2. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. 
3. Add garlic; cook, 
4. Add beans, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and broth. 
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. 
Reduce heat to medium-low. 
5. Add cornstarch mixture. 
Bring to a gentle boil; stir occasionally, for 1 minute, or until sauce has thickened. 
Remove from heat. 
6. Add vinegar. Puree with immersion blender or throw it in your Ninja like I did.
 7. Divide evenly between four serving bowls. 
Top each with ½ tsp. cilantro and ½ tsp. sour cream, if desired.

For my ladies using container counts: 1/2 Green, 1 Yellow, 1/2 TSP, 4 servings 
My boys eat what I eat--for the most part except when they ask for Mac & Cheese!
Do your kiddos eat the same meals you eat?! 

XO, 

Kaitlin 

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts