My Postpartum Journey

Hello!!

Here we are already another week gone by!😭 
How does that happen so fast?! 
I confused my weeks and realized that I just ended my THIRD week of my low impact, yoga and Pilates infused workouts. What I LOVE about it is the core work is very safe for after baby. It's really important to avoid any type of crunches until your core is healed and there is no visual sign of a separation. There have been only a few moves that I modify for safe core work, and of course modified push-ups until my core can handle full version. (PS I'm working on an EBook for all you Mommas out there explaining the basics of core work before, during and after pregnancy--so hang tight!) 

Progress--I DID do a few push-ups on my toes this week and that was awesome--it DOES not happen over overnight y'all but it will if you are consistent. Consistentcy leaves clues!
Another piece this week we added strength slides to some of the moves--oh man! Talk about extra burn that's for sure! 

Meals this week: 
Breakfast; seriously you guys always the same 2 eggs of some sort with a veggie and fruit
Snack: banana with PB, graham cracker with PB ( I was craving it!) smoothie
Lunch; salad mix with ham slices/HB eggs and a fruit and Black Bean Soup 
Dinner; chicken sausage with asparagus and rice, leftover chicken salad in a lettuce leaf
I continued to track my macro's and by track I mean literally dump my food into a portion container to measure it and then cross it off on a piece of paper, because ya'll mom brain is a serious problem over here lately. 

I was not perfect either, I had a small glass of beer on Friday and half a brownie on Saturday and some handful,s of Annie's crackers when the boys had them. But That's life, it's meant to be lived and enjoyed. I really do focus on healthy nutrition 80/85% of the time. The rest I leave for life to happen🍩 I would get faster results had I not had those things but I'm not perfect and don't strive for that. I eat good to feel good, and when I feel good that makes me a better mom, wife and friend.
That's really all its about, being the best you that you can be for those around you. 
This was 1 day PP--in the hospital👀.      This is 2 months PP.
Our bodies are amazing, that is all.

Do your best.
Be your best.
Feel your best.

You're a Momthlete remember?!

And that's a wrap! Until next week!

XO 

Kaitlin 

Related Posts;
Postpartum journey week0

Comments

  1. Such an Amazing Transformation. I love this article. This is very well written. You have truly enriched me with some excellent knowledge, thanks for sharing.

    Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts