WHATS YOUR STORY??

Happy Tuesday!

I thought I'd share a little something fun today!

Our engagement story! Because I think it's kinda weird and unique---just like us.😂😂 As we have been reading Couples Devotional  weekly, it has us reflect on those special moments that tend to get lost in the hustle & bustle of everyday parenting with young babies. 
When Carlo & I first met it was in a restaurant; he was a Chef and I was putting myself through my last semester of graduate school, training for a marathon and working at the restaurant in the evening ps so I could pay for the bills. 

So to say I was busy was an understatement. I had ZERO interest in dating at the time. A few years prior I had gotten out of a relationship that really brought me full circle. I was in a state of depression for about a year so when I had finally pulled myself out of it I was a happy little peach just doing my thing. 

Carlo had asked me out to dinner several times and I repeatedly brushed him off, too busy, school, long runs, and I finally told him I don't date! He was very persistent though and the weekend of his birthday he convinced me to go have a drink with him. And I literally did so because I felt bad for him😂 Anyhow, as with ALL things, God was working his plan and I had this strange feeling that for some odd reason this Italian Chef was going to be my husband. 

The next few months went a bit crazy fast, I made him meet my parents if he was serious because I wasn't messing around. He kindly obliged. I graduated grad school, finished my intern and a full time sub position. AND to get to the nitty gritty---It was the beginning of May, we were kayaking in the river, discussing our booked flight to Italy for July so I could meet his parents. I brought up getting married, like when are we going to do it? He mentioned the following September and I thought that is watcway too long down the road. I didn't want to wait that long, but we had families in different countries so we weren't sure how to plan around that. 

Carlo then said, well let's do it now. Let's get married in Italy when we go. We will bring your parents with us. I was scared at thinking of what that would even look like but I said OK! But YOU ask my parents! We finished Kayaking, went to my parents, we were sitting on the porch and we asked them. I think they somehow knew it was going to happen and they said yes. 

So that's pretty much it! Carlo didn't do anything fancy,  and he didn't spend billions on my ring, I had a gorgeous ring my Memere had given me that was my birthstone, and that's all I needed. I wanted nothing to do with a diamond, so obviously what man wouldn't be happy with that! HA. 
He called his twin brother in Italy, Luca and his wife Nunzia who were THRILLED about it and they helped us plan it. 

We were married July 13th, literally 2 months after that impromptu kayaking trip. It was small, gorgeous and being immersed in another culture was overwhelming but probably the most exciting thing I've ever done. 

So what's your engagement story?! 
Let me here it! 

XO

Kaitlin



Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts