Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe

Hello Loves!

I randomly had a purple cabbage in my fridge still from last week--I had used some of it for a recipe last week but was left with way to much left over and had no idea what I was going to do with it! 

THEN this recipe showed up in my inbox and I was like brilliant! 

EGG ROLL IN A BOWL. 

Ummm HECK YES--like what else does this pregnant momma want?! 



I did modify a few things as I used literally what I had on hand but I have to say it came out pretty darn good regardless. And it literally took 30 minutes to whip it up. My kinda MEAL ya'll! 

EGG ROLL IN A BOWL: 

Prep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Total: 30 min Makes 4-5 servings. 
Ingredients: 
  • 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
  • 1-2 tsp. avocado or coconut oil
  • 1 small diced onion (it called for 8 green onions; I did not have this on hand)
  • 3 tsp. grated fresh ginger ( I used powdered!) 
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 12-ounce bags of Broccoli slaw
  • 6 Tbsp.coconut aminos  OR low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil ---I used Olive oil! 
  • 2 Tbsp.rice vinegar
  • ½ tsp. Chinese 5 Star Spice ( I did not have this on hand--so I googled the ingredients and had them all on had seperatley so I kinda just threw them all in the bowl.) 
  • Optional: Sesame seeds for garnish

  • P.S I added in shredded carrots because I wanted a little more than just the purple cabbage--I used the food processor to chop everything up! 
To MAKE: 
  1. In a bowl, combine coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar and Chinese 5-spice powder. Whisk to combine then set aside.
  2. Place a large skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot add white/light green parts of onions only. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until onions start to soften.
  3. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry an additional 1 minute.
  4. Add ground chicken (or turkey). Use a spoon or spatula to break meat up into small pieces. Continue cooking 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
  5. Increase heat to medium-high. Add broccoli cole slaw and sauce (from step 1). Stir fry 6-7 minutes or until slaw is crisp tender or to your liking.
  6. Stir in reserved sliced green onion tops. Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds and/or cilantro.
  7. Serve with additional coconut aminos or hot sauce, if desired.
And ENJOY! 

I bet this would be AMAZING in a wrap too! 

Who doesn't love Egg Rolls?! 





SOURCE: The Real Food Dietitians 

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts