Italian Meatball Soup

Hello!!

I wanted to share this amazing, simple, and of course quick meal with you. 
You all know I am ALL about being efficient in the kitchen. Cooking clean, wholesome, family friendly meals is my JAM. I am NOT  chef by any means but by meal prepping, having a plan and overhauling my use of food fuel these last few years I have to say I have certainly improved! 

This recipe comes from the Whole 30 CookBook by Melissa Hartwigg. 
I am by no means an official Whole 30-er---but I do enjoy their simple, nutritious, veggie filled recipes.  

Serves: 5 (or a family of 4 with leftovers)
prep: 20minutes Cook: 25 minutes, total 45ish minutes

ITALIAN MEATBALL SOUP:
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 TBS tomato paste (I had none--used sauce)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
pinch of red pepper flakes--optional

1 can (28 ounces) or 2 cans (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
4 cups chicken broth
1 bunch of swiss chard, kale, or spinach (I use kale personally) 
About 28 meatballs (you can make your own or use frozen like I do). 

Heat oil in large pot over medium heat for 2 minutes. 
Add onion and cook stirring until translucent 8-10 minutes
Add tomoto paste, garlic, oregana, salt, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes. 
Cook until tomato paste darkens--2 minutes. 
Add tomaotes with juice, broth, kale, meatballs to pot. 
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup is heated through and kale is wilted and tender--10-20 minutes. 

Serve in bowls and sprinkle with fresh basil and drizzle of olive oil if wanted. 

Enjoy! 

Let me know how your family enjoys it! 
My boys gobble this right up every time I make it! 


XO, 
Kaitlin 





Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts