Benefits of Pomegranate

POMEGRANATE! 
Oh you are SO delish but such a pain to eat! 

Pom's are in SEASON right now and let me tell you--I LOVE them--the juicy snap and crunch of the sweet flesh just keeps me coming back for more! And better yet; my children will eat them by the spoonful and drink the juice from the bowl so that just makes a parent happy. 

Not only are they in season they are VERY good for your body--so stock up today! 
I also shared a video HERE on how to best cut them up; because trust me when I first bought one I had NO idea what I was doing! 

Also known as the Beauty food of Love, this ruby colored gem has more than just an eye catching pop of color. It has been historically known to be a symbol of wealth, fertility and abundance. The phytochemical ellagic acid in the fruit prevents aging inflammation in the body and stops the chain of events in our cells that breaks down collagen to begin the process of what we call wrinkles forming. Poms also protect our natural level of nitric oxide, a chemical that keeps our circulatory system functioning by boosting blood flow to organs an cells. 

The ruby red juice also contains more antioxidants than blueberries, green tea or red wine and it is known to cleanse the blood for clear, radiant skin that we want during these lackluster dull winter months. It is also being studied for anti-cancer properties, especially relating to the prostrate--so give it to the men in your life! 

What was your FIRST experience like opening up your first Pomegranate! I'd love to know! 

xo, 

coach kaitlin 

P.S. Need support with your nutrition?! Here is the ONE thing that helped me lose the baby weight--and I didn't even have to diet!! 

Comments

A few of my favorite things

Pinterest

Popular Posts